This content area addresses basic child growth and development.
This may include:
- Principles of child development
- Typical developmental expectations for children birth through age 5
- Individual variation, including children with special needs
Directions for completing a study:
- Select a study
- Download attached information for the study
- Complete the study based on the included information
Child Growth and Development Studies:
Audubon Area Child Development Protocol and Resource Manual Training. Participants will review all sections of the Child Development Protocol and Resource Manual. This training does not count toward the Annual Requirement in ECE TRIS. Complete each of the following sections to fulfill training requirements. Click Here for Study Instructions.
- Section A– Early Childhood Classroom Requirements and Practices
- Section B– Curriculum and Planning in Early Childhood Classrooms
- Section C– Health and Safety Requirements and Practices
The First 3 Years (1.0 Credit Hour) Early Head Start participants will review the rapid growth and development that occurs the first three years of life, and it’s influence on later development and learning. View Training Video. Click Here for Study Instructions.
Stating Behavioral Expectations (2.0 Credit Hours) Participants will learn how to create expectations for classroom behaviors and state those expectations so that preschool children can learn. View Training Video. Click Here for Study Instructions.